Back pain is one of the most common sources of pain that people experience. According to statistics, more than 20 million people suffer from back pain and make it one of the costly conditions that a person can have. It affects you physically that prevents you from going to work, and reduces your productivity. It also affects you mentally and emotionally, which causes stress or depression. However, you do not need to worry too much about it because there are easy ways to prevent back pain.
There are a variety of processes that can relieve back pain. Some of these natural remedies can also help you minimize the medication intake of pain relievers and improve your physical condition. Here are the seven ways to prevent back pain.
Minimize your Screen Time. Technology is the one that triggers you to increase the usage of your device. For example, you are slouching while watching your favorite series or playing your addicting game. It will take you hours, and once you repeatedly do it, there is a high chance of leading to back pain.
Making an effort to minimize your usage of gadgets can help you lower the possibility of back pain and even eye problems. It would also be best if you practice good posture while watching or playing online games. Ensure that you have regular breaks, at least 15-20 minutes every hour, can also be helpful. Use your breaks to stretch or do some physical activities that can help you be active, attentive, and focus.
Improve your Office Set-Up. The new typical set-up of work made people stuck with their screens. They spend long days working in front of their desks and computer. Without proper ergonomics, it leads to suffering, especially for the back, shoulders, and neck.
It would be best if you will improve your workstation. Ensure your computer monitor’s level of positioning and make it at least 20 inches away from your eye or face. Investing in a comfortable chair is also helpful in providing additional back support. Make sure that your shoulders are relaxed and your head is aligned with your torso. If you are working, make sure that your elbow is near your body, and ensure that your wrists and forearms are parallel to the floor.
Reduce your Weight. Having extra weight means that you have excess baggage that limits you from doing what is best for yourself. Having extra fats also means that you are increasing the possibility of strain in your body.
Regulate your weight, and start off today. You can start with having proper exercise that is suitable for your body needs or reducing your calorie intake. You can consult a doctor about an effective eating regime.
Sleep well. One of the best ways to restore your energy and keep your back less tension or stress is to have proper sleep. Having a good night’s rest will help you increase your body’s restoration process or healing. You will feel relaxed, refreshed, and even have more energy to perform for the next day.
If you are having a wrong time sleeping, you can try natural sleeping aids. Do things that work best for your body.
- Enough Vitamin B6 and C. One of the natural ways for your body to improve your sleeping habits and control your metabolism enough vitamin B6 and C. It helps your body to regulate the steroid hormones and maintain or supply enough nutrients needed in your body. You can consult a doctor about the supplements or increase your vegetables and fruit intake.
- Melatonin. It is a natural sleep hormone that helps you improve your sleeping cycle.
- Valerian. Valerian supplements can help you improve your sleep. Making you sleep faster and longer. It enables you to feel relax and refresh to regain your energy to work or increase your productivity.
- Another option that you can do is drinking cherry extracts or cherry juice. It has enzymes that promote sleep and increase the healing process of your body.
Minimize Prolonged Fixed Posture. Ensure that you pay close attention to your body, especially your muscles, joints, hip, and spine. Minimizing the fatigue in these areas can help you reduce the stress of your body. Follow these tips to enhance your posture.
- Minimize excessive sitting. Do not let yourself be engaged in long hours of sitting. It would be best if you can have a standing desk that can assist you in work. Remember, as you sit for a long time, it increases the pressure in your spinal discs. Try to have a walk or have a break to minimize the tension in your body.
- Check your body posture. Prevent the stress on your spine by adjusting your back alignment, neck, and shoulder. Remember that having a bad posture can cause throbbing pain and multiple problems.
- Practice rotate activities. Ensure that your body does not suffer from over fatigue. Try different activities to avoid stressing the same body parts or muscles. Once your muscles are relaxed, you can start over again.
Meditate. If you want to improve your concentration and release good hormones, you should try medication. It decreases your anxiety and stress level. With proper and mindful meditation, you can easily control your body and how it takes pain.
You can start in a quiet and peaceful room. Allot five to ten minutes of your time in the morning to meditate. You can also meditate before nighttime to ensure your quality sleep or during your break at work. If you are having trouble meditating, you can do breathing exercises.
Regular Chiropractic Visits. Chiropractors Rockledge, FL are professionals who help you prevent bone or body-related problems. If you are suffering from back pain, they manipulate your body to ensure that your body is aligned correctly. They help you know the root cause of your back pain and treat it immediately to prevent further damage.
Chiropractic care treatments are safe procedures that help you maintain the overall wellness of your body. It enables you to relieve back pain, and your chiropractors also provide an exercise routine to improve your physical strength and endurance.