What is the best way to ensure your family stays healthy? Regular chiropractic care!
At Coastal Family Chiropractor, we have been in business for over 10 years and are a leading provider of chiropractic services. We offer a variety of treatments including spinal adjustments, massage therapy, and nutritional advice.
This article will highlight the benefits of family chiropractors in general and also speak about some specific advantages that our staff at Coastal Family Chiropractor Dr. Keith Hurley can offer.
Who are Coastline Family Chiropractors?
Family chiropractors, like Dr. Keith Hurley at Coastal Family Chiropractor in South San Jose California, aim to not only help people recover from injuries and improve their health but also educate them on how they can take better care of themselves for the long term. With services ranging from spinal adjustments to massage therapy, we offer a variety of treatments that will suit your specific needs!
Dr. Keith Hurley has been practicing chiropractic since 1985 with over 30 years of experience in helping patients improve their health through chiropractic care. He's committed himself to help his patients live longer healthier lives by providing chiropractic care as well as nutritional guidance and other integrative therapies.
Family Coastline Chiropractic Services
The coastline family chiropractic has a wide variety of services that help keep your body healthy and functioning at its best. We offer many different types of treatments to ensure that you are getting the most out of your care. We are in the process of adding to our list but currently offer soft tissue therapy, spinal adjustments, sports injury rehabilitation, and more.
Spinal Adjustments - this is a chiropractic treatment to correct the curvature of your neck and spine caused by subluxations. This will help relieve pressure on nerves in the back, which can lead to numbness or pain down into arms, hands, and legs as well as headaches from pinched nerves in the head that often extend up into your scalp.
Massage Therapy- a relaxing technique performed on the soft tissue of the body using hands, fingers, elbows, knees, and feet. Massage Therapy can reduce stress and anxiety levels while promoting relaxation and increased blood flow to the muscles, joints, and tissues.
Nerve Stimulation Technique (NST) – this involves electrical stimulation applied at various points on the patient’s body. Nerve stimulation is used to activate sensory nerves and muscles, reduce pain, relax muscle spasms, improve blood flow and promote healing.
NST can be applied to the back as well as other areas of the body such as a lower leg or foot after an injury that might have resulted in nerve damage.
Coastline Family Chiropractic also offers a variety of services that may be helpful in recovering from an injury sustained during sports or exercise, upper cervical care which is important when it comes to diagnosing and treating head injuries like concussions affecting the brain stem region, auto accidents where patients who have suffered spinal trauma are treated through chiropractic care.
Sports Care - treatment for injuries sustained during sports.
Upper Cervical Care - diagnosis and treatment of head injuries or conditions affecting the brainstem.
Auto Accidents - chiropractic care for individuals involved in accidents with spinal trauma as well as a whiplash injury.
Neck Braces and Supports -neck braces and supports are designed to stabilize your neck and keep it in a neutral position. This will relieve pressure on the nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments that run through this area of your spine.
Other Services and Advantages of Having a Family Chiropractor Like Dr. Keith Hurley:
Coastline chiropractic offers a variety of treatments and services to help you live life without pain. Some common conditions that we treat are head injuries, whiplash injuries from car accidents, neck braces or supports for those with chronic neck pain, nutritional guidance including personalized plans based on your needs, prenatal care for pregnant women and children, on-site massage therapy, and pain management services.
Prenatal Care - Chiropractic care for pregnant women has proven to be extremely helpful. It can help with back pain, leg cramps, and stretch marks. Besides relieving back pain and stress, it also helps to reduce the risk of needing a C-section during delivery. Chiropractic care during pregnancy has been proven also to be effective in reducing the risk of preterm birth and low-weight babies.
Pediatric Chiropractor - treatments for children from newborns to age 18 years old so they can develop without barriers. Chiropractic care for children is not only safe, it's effective. It can help with ear infections, asthma, and allergies. For children with an autism spectrum disorder or ADHD, chiropractic care can be a great way to deal with symptoms that are making it difficult for them to function optimally in their daily lives.
Nutritional Guidance - personalized plans to ensure you're getting everything your body needs! Chiropractors are trained in the analysis of food and nutrition and can help craft a plan to make sure you're getting all your vitamins. In addition, they can also help you identify food allergies/sensitivities and create a protocol to deal with them.
Rehabilitation Exercises and Education on how to perform them correctly (to avoid further injury) - It is our goal to see you pain-free and back on the path of health. We can help with rehabilitative exercises for a wide variety of injuries, including sports injury rehabilitation. One thing many people don't know about chiropractic care is that it also includes postural instruction - which means we'll teach you how to stand, sit and walk correctly.
Tips for Sleeping Better - chiropractic care has been shown to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep, increase sleep duration, improve quality of sleep, decrease pain during waking hours (including headaches), as well as make your day go smoother.
Acupuncture and Acupressure - it will help you to deal with pain and stress, improve your overall sense of well-being, and make you more productive.
Pain Management - every day we see people with chronic pain from the neck up, which was caused by injury, poor posture, or a variety of other reasons.
Coastline Family Chiropractic believes that your health is central to all other personal successes in life. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of care whether it be through an adjustment or any other service we offer. That's why our staff strives for the most patient-centered, painless care and the best possible results for your condition.
Coastline Family Chiropractic provides a wide range of quality treatments to help you with your wellness goals. We believe that it is important for patients to make their health care decisions knowing what they are about so no matter where you start on your wellness journey, we want to be there with you.
A family chiropractor like Dr. Keith Hurley can also help with:
- Neck Pain
- Upper back pain
- Lower back or sciatica pain
- Sciatica-excessive lower back muscle tension that causes leg pain or numbness;
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - nerves at wrist compressed by bone spur/tendon sheath inflammation, leading to hand tingling sensations and weakness of grip strength
- Joint & Muscular Injury
- Herniated discs in your neck, lower spine, or upper spine. A herniated disc can cause intense sciatica because it compresses a nerve running between two vertebrae of your spine and pushes on nearby nerves causing discomfort. This is also called a slipped disk. Dr. Hurley will perform an exam for this condition by checking how easily you bend forward as well as other movements like bending over at the waist, moving side to side (lateral flexion) and twisting around while standing up straight (rotation). He'll assess these positions for pain, tingling, or numbness and will also do a myofascial release to see if that makes the discomfort go away.
- Muscle tears/strains
- Sprained ankles/knees & acute muscle injuries such as pulled muscles are all successfully treated with chiropractic care.
- Nerve compression, also known as a slipped disk, is caused when something compresses or presses on the nerve.
- Hip, knee arthritis, or injuries from a fall
- Numbness in the extremities (arms/legs) due to neurological conditions such as diabetes.
Why is it Important to have a Family Chiropractor?
As an institute that is focused on family health, we offer care tailored to the needs and wants of your entire family from newborns to grandparents. Dr. Hurley will take the time to understand you as an individual and tailor treatment accordingly with a focus on your specific needs.
Dr. Hurley has also been a chiropractor for over 20 years and has seen the need to provide care in multiple family environments. He knows how important it is that you are getting help from someone who understands all facets of your life, which is why he takes the time to get to know his patient's situation before giving advice.
We want every patient who comes through our doors to know they are important so Dr. Hurley goes out his way to make them feel comfortable before their appointment means that we are able to give you the same personal attention as if you were o starts (even exchanging of our own.
Dr. Hurley is available to help the family with any chiropractic needs you may have. He has helped babies as young as six months old in the office! He can also adjust pregnant women for maximum comfort and safety during pregnancy or postpartum recovery.
Dr. Hurley is also proud to offer our patients the ability for same-day appointments, and he offers evening hours as well. Our office accepts most forms of insurance, including auto accident cases with no physical injury involved
Advantages of Having Family Chiropractic like Dr. Hurley
There are many advantages to having a family chiropractor like Dr. Keith Hurley who is also your pediatrician for example and as well as being talented in providing care with other alternative therapies that can help you or your loved ones live longer healthier lives.
- Helps with a variety of pain issues including headaches and migraines. Some chiropractors specialize in the treatment of sports injuries, others focus on back problems or disorders that affect pregnant women like pelvic floor dysfunction (PFD).
- The cost to see a family practitioner can be more affordable than seeing other specialists such as a cardiologist, neurologist, or gastroenterologist.
- Family chiropractors are often caring for the whole family including infants and children with developmental delays like cerebral palsy who need to be adjusted frequently so they can continue to thrive as their spine grows.
- Chiropractic treatment has been shown in research studies to help relieve pain and improve function, flexibility, mobility in people with chronic pain problems
- Chiropractic treatment helps restore the body's natural ability to heal itself by removing blockages that impede nerve networks.
- Coastal Family Chiropractic has been practicing for over a decade offering state-of-the-art care using modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy an advanced therapy technique that can help alleviate pain and improve function in people with acute spinal injuries.
- Family chiropractors like Dr. Keith Hurley provide a comprehensive treatment plan for long term care including nutrition, exercise, posture correction, and maintenance adjustments to ensure optimal health of the body's spine throughout life
- The family chiropractor will work with you to provide a personalized treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs.
Our goal is to provide the best possible patient experience by creating an environment where people feel comfortable talking about their needs openly without any judgment or pressure from staff members.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading about how family chiropractors can help your whole family! If you need a qualified and experienced family chiropractor in the Portland area, we recommend Dr. Keith Hurley at Coastline Family Chiropractic. He has been practicing for over 20 years and is recognized as one of the best chiropractors in Oregon by his peers. Give us a call (321) 735-8102 to schedule an appointment or click here: https://coastlinefamilychiropractic.com/services/ if you would like more information on what he does, his services, or why it might be a good idea to have him as your family's chiropractor today.