Chiropractic care isn't just for adults. Pediatric and prenatal chiropractic care are important options to consider when looking for a doctor specializing in the spine, neck, and back.
Families with children under the age of 18 or pregnant women should know that there is no better way to keep their growing skeleton healthy than getting regular chiropractic adjustments from a structural corrective chirorpactor like Dr. Keith Hurley at Coastline Family Chiropractic.
How safe is Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
What are the risks of Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
What are the benefits of Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
These are questions you may have when considering this treatment. Coastline Family Chiropractic offers a way to find out all your answers.
What is Pediatric Chiropractic?
Pediatric Chiropractic is a form of chiropractic care that is effective for children. It includes high-velocity, low-amplitude spinal adjustments and therapeutic exercises performed by Coastline Family Chiropractor Dr. Keith Hurley to correct the alignment of joints, restore mobility, improve blood flow, and reduce pain, promoting healing without drugs or surgery.
Pediatric chiropractic is a great way to help your children with ailments significantly if they have been injured in an accident or play sports. Pediatricians are specially qualified to deal with kids' needs and usually work closely with their parents as well.
Pediatrics is one branch of medicine that deals specifically with caring for infants up until age 4 -Pediatrics often overlaps with other medical fields.
Pediatric Chiropractors aim to help infants and children with ailments. They aim to make their lives better, healthier, and more comfortable by using chiropractic care that treats a wide range of pediatric problems from youngsters up until age 18.
Pediatric Chiropractors are specially trained in diagnosing common pediatric complaints like migraines, neck pain, or backaches due to accidents or sports-related injuries. They also address spinal alignment issues, which can cause symptoms such as dizziness, ear infections, and headaches.
What is Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
Pregnancy can cause dramatic changes in a woman's body, most notably in the joints. The growing baby causes major shifts to one's center of gravity and abdominal weight distribution, which creates extra pressure on lower back muscles and ligaments. Women risk increasing their lordotic curve at peak pregnancy level too far due to added stress from increased fat tissue around the hips (sometimes referred to as "saddlebag" obesity). It is not suitable for spine bones or hip joint health because excessive curvature puts an additional load strain on vertebrae, sacrum & pelvic bone alignment, compromising overall physical stability.
Prenatal chiropractic is a natural treatment that provides wellness to the pregnant patient by correcting or maintaining joint misalignments. Patients enjoy pelvic alignment and balance throughout their pregnancies, which has been shown in studies to reduce stress on spinal nerves while boosting overall wellness.
The use of chiropractors during pregnancy and postpartum periods is a great way to provide personalized care. They can help you prevent pain or discomfort, which may reduce the need for medications before delivery and shorten labor time.
What are the risks associated with Pediatric & Prenatal Chiropractic?
No known complications result from an adjustment at this time. However, there may also not be studies on pregnant mothers undergoing these treatments either. Some people have reported feeling dizzy after their first visit, but it's possible they weren't used to being adjusted. Thus, other interventions are available.
Dr. Keith Hurley performs Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care at Coastline Family Chiropractic. He understands the concern of his patients regarding the safety, risks, and effectiveness of Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care. Thus, he discusses chiropractic care procedures to each patient for them to make a well-informed decision.
Moreover, there are plenty of advantages and benefits children and mothers can get from Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care at Coastline Family Chiropractor Dr. Keith Hurley to correct the alignment of joints, restore mobility, improve blood flow, reduce pain while promoting healing without drugs or surgery.
What Happens When I Visit Coastline Family Chiropractic?
Dr. Keith Hurley performs Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care at Coastline Family Chiropractic, including checking the spine for alignment to ensure that infants are positioning their necks correctly while breastfeeding and attaining proper head posture.
Pregnant women may also receive prenatal chiropractic care as it is a gentle way of reducing joint pain or discomfort without putting any pressure on an unborn baby. To correct misalignments in the pelvis before childbirth, Dr. Keith Hurley offers adjustments during pregnancy so that sudden movements won't result in injuries such as back pains or pelvic muscle strains after birth. It can reduce labor time by stimulating blood flow and uterine contractions (if necessary).
For children, Dr. Keith Hurley offers specialized adjustments to reduce infantile colic, which is usually caused by an improper alignment of the spine and vertebrae that affects breathing patterns or digestion.
When children are born with a misaligned pelvis, it may cause leg length discrepancy (which can be corrected at birth) and other abnormalities such as scoliosis in adolescents.
However, Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care follows a standardized medical routine:
- Initial Consultation: Dr. Hurley discusses the procedure of chiropractic care to each patient to make a well-informed decision and ensure that they are comfortable with his methods. Moreover, he will assess the patient through interview, observation, and palpation.
- Examinations: Dr. Hurley will examine your entire spine, checking it for misalignments or any other abnormalities to identify potential problems. He may ask for digital imaging such as x-rays to better understand your health situation.
- Plan of Action: Dr. Hurley discusses the possible interventions suitable for the patient's needs. He usually uses spinal adjustments for children and adults. However, there are other interventions available.
- Recovery and follow-up appointments: If there's an immediate need for adjustments after birth (to reduce pelvic muscle strains), then Coastline Family Chiropractic offers postpartum recovery sessions within days of giving birth. If not, patients should come back every few weeks until their child is experiencing visible results.
Benefits of Receiving Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Most people are aware of the benefits that come with receiving chiropractic care as an adult. However, many do not know about the benefits that come from getting chiropractic care for their children and even before they're born. Mothers can take advantage of Prenatal Chiropractic Care too.
Dr. Hurley summarizes the benefits of receiving Pediatric and Prenatal Chiropractic Care at Coastline Family Chiropractic.
- Easier Labor and Delivery
- Reduced pain, reduced risk of cesarean section
- Relieving back pressure on spinal disks during birth
- Improved circulation in the body, which can help with the pregnancy and birthing process
- Decreased risk for certain types of births complications: cesarean section, breech delivery, or prolonged labor
- Chiropractors address nausea and vomiting by focusing on spinal realignment to help improve nervous system function for hormonal balance.
- The process of adjusting your diet during pregnancy can help to improve digestive issues that may be causing everything from nausea to constipation.
- They have increased safety and control when performing self-care tasks with coordination.
- Better ability to make decisions as they grow older; increased intelligence levels (posture improves blood flow)
- Improved posture, better breathing, reduced risk of having a seizure or getting an ear infection when the baby is lying on their back.
- Eliminated the need for spoons and blankets to prop up the head in a sitting position.
- More freedom of movement without restrictions due to weakness from spinal cord injury allows the child to be more active while seated.
- Improved motor skills by building core strength through increased support and alignment of the spine during development stages. Correcting any misalignment that prevents them from benefiting fully from the effects of gravity.
- Increased comfort because they can sit upright instead of being slouched over all day long with poor body alignment preventing circulation and pain relief.
- Improved lung function for premature infants in the intensive care unit may help lower the severity of respiratory infections; less chance for oxygen deprivation can damage a baby's developing brain, kidneys, or other organs.
- Pediatric Chiropractic Care also helps reduce the incidence of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
It is essential to maintain your spinal health and wellness during pregnancy. Chiropractic care can help with various issues that have arisen due to the stress of being pregnant, but it's also great for you before getting pregnant too! By receiving chiropractic care throughout your life, including during pregnancy and after birth, you are giving yourself the best chance at having a healthy pregnancy.
Coastline Family Chiropractic is a family-oriented practice that provides chiropractic care to children and pregnant women. The doctors at this office offer pediatric and prenatal chiropractic services as well as general wellness care for adults; if you're looking for an approachable, welcoming environment with specialists who can provide the best possible care tailored to your needs, schedule an appointment today.